Battery B


Average Visit Time: 1.00 hour(s)

One of four earthen batteries erected by the Union army in 1862, its gunners helped repulse the Confederate attacks on Batteries A and C during the Battle of Helena on July 4, 1863. Historical marker on Liberty between First and Summit, what remains of the battery, which is on private property, is visible from Liberty Street.